I enjoy sharing my love of rubberstamping.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Wild Wasabi Carousel Card

I created this card for my sister's birthday. I purchased the Carousel Notes and was not quite certain what to do with them. Well I figured it out. I started out with the Wild Wasabi note. I cut out a 5" circle from the Afternoon Tea Designer Series Paper. I dug into my stash of retired SU paper and came across Cool Carribean. I thought it would look with the Wild Wasabi. The Cool Carribean was folded lengthwise and a circle was drawn to extend beyond the fold. A hole was punched on the fold and the Old Olive Grosgrain ribbon was laced through and tied. Wild Wasabi and Confetti Cream card stock corners were punched using the Ticket Corner Punch and was layered. I then filled in the image from the true friends set with Stampin Write markers. I stamped the image once and then restamped about four times after. This was adhered to the card. Next I puched out a Designer Label in Wild Wasabi, a small Oval in the Designer Series Paper and a circle in the Cream confetti card stock. I layered the pieces in the same order and embelleshed it from the Styled Silver Hodge Podge hardware set. And there you have it....very simple. :)

1 comment:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is supremely gorgeous. Ever detail is perfect. WOW! :0)