I enjoy sharing my love of rubberstamping.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Blue Saffron Friend


Oh I just love this set. This is the new gift set that Stampin' Up! sent to it's demonstrators. I love receiving unexpected gifts. The set is called Time Well Spent. It is a twelve stamp set and this card was created using two of the images.
I used So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla, and Always Artichoke card stock. I also used the Designer Series Paper Le Jardin.
The accessories that were used are the Ticket Corner Punch, Ivory Organdy Ribbon (retired), Stampin' Write Markers, and the 1 1/16" Circle Punch.
To create the flower, I used the paper piecing technique. I stamped two images on Bashful Blue card stock. I cut out the first image and the inner image of the second. I then stamped the flower again on Always Artichoke card stock and cut out the center only. The image was stamped twice again on So Saffron card stock. The inner and outer image was cut out. Using the 1 1/16" punch, I punched several holes of the So Saffron card stock.
I placed the smaller of the two flower images on top of each other and slightly bent the petals upward. I then placed the Always Artichoke cutout in the center of the flower. The two So Saffron images were placed with the smaller on top of the larger. The small circles were then placed on the flower as shown.
I think that this has been one of my best cards yet.

1 comment:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is stunning! The colours are great together and so perfectly balanced in your layout! LOVE it, :0) Mel